Thursday, February 05, 2009

Mother's have to sacrafice???


So I've always heard about mother's making sacrafices for their kids and I always knew my mom did it for me. You know----the whole mom's wearing ugly mom jeans so their kids can have the "cool" jeans. Or mom's wearing the same dress to church for years so their kids can have cute clothes. Well, this new "unspoken law" hit me full force this week!!! Now I fully realize this will probably make me sound like a spoiled brat or maybe that I don't love Cash and all but oh well...not ture. I'm just keeping it real. So here's the situation.....I got a little bonus at work this week and instantly running through my head I was thinking "what kind of food storage could I buy with this???---YEAH RIGHT! I instantly thought of this purse I've been wanting forever!!!! (it's pictured below---isn't it soooooo cute!) I mean, it's not totally selfish---it's actually a diaper bag also so I was of course was thinking about my little guy too! Anyway, then the sick realization hit me that Cash needed a new car seat! So yip, that's right---Cash is the proud owner of a new car seat---which I'll be honest---it makes me happy to see that he's so excited to be a big boy and facing forward so he can see so much more. I guess my heart grew two sizes that day. I guess the cute purse can wait and I'll just have to keep using the one purse I already have---oh wait, I like to collect purses like shoes---I think I might have more than one in the closet to use!

14 comments:

Cameron Family said...

That is a SUPER CUTE purse! But I am sure he loves sitting forward and seeing his mom in the rear view mirror now! :) WOW! I cannot believe that he will be "1" this month....Seriously they are all growing up way too fast!

Amy B. said...

Dang those dang kids...DANG!!!

Jeanette said...

Great pruse. It is hard not being to spend on ourselves anymore. But i am sure that you are still very stylish with the purses that you have.

Jeff & Melissa said...

Guess Jed knows what he can get your for Valentine's day!!

aprilmay said...

We need to get Carson a new carseat soon too. What kind did you get? I want one that reclines so he can still nap in the car. He is only at 18 lbs so I think I have like 4 lbs to go???

Unknown said...

I serioulsy love the purse! I think we all end up doing that sacrifice thing. Darnit!! I could be dressing so cute, but I feel too guilty knowing Peys needs stuff.

Chari said...

Holy smokes I LOVE that purse too. You find the cutest things! I'm sure some day little Cashie will appreciate the scarafices you make for him ;)

Lula. said...

I am very proud of you.... Serious sacrifices. I love the diaper bags from Cake. They are my fave. I have my eye on a green one... but seeing as we have baby #2 coming, I don't think I will be getting it anytime soon!

Thomas said...

Cash is king of the hill now that he gets to face forward. It's a whole new world. -Maile

Amelia said...

i WANT that purse. where is from!?!?!?!? maybe i'll get you that purse for valentines day

Richard and Sharon said...

Hey Nalani--Aunt Pat and I were saying it is hard for "more mature" eyes to read your blog. Can you change the font so it is easier for Grandma and Grandpa to see it. Needs darker contrast. Thanks.

Aly G said...

I hope next time I see you you have the bag! That is adorable! You deserve it! Hey your a workin mom! So fun doing your hair Saturday, I always love chattin it up with ya! Darling blog. That Cash is to die for! He is so hansom. You and Jed need to have a dozen. :)

Misty Clark said...

Kumiko has the same car seat and loves it. I bet Cash is loving his too. Nalani, you crack me up sometimes!

Thomas said...

So now that it has been a month, do you have the purse? Hee Hee
-Maile