So many of you who know my husband might know this and some of you might not.......he's quite opinionated as to how I decorate the house. When it comes to Christmas time this comes out to the extreme!!! Take for instance our Christmas tree.......he brings me the container full of ornaments and I sit on the couch and carefully unwrap them and then oh so carefully hand them off to him and he decorates the tree. Yip, my bum doesn't leave the couch....I simply unwrap, hand over the ornament and watch him work his magic. The first year we were married I tried to help but after he took off every ornament I put on and placed it in a better spot I simply thought "this is not a battle I'm willing to fight!" Now don't worry--I have of course thrown in a few gay comments regarding this obsession of his (although I can testify he's not gay! wink, wink!) But then the obsession stops for some reason when it comes to our white trash lawn ornaments outside! Notice the leader of the pack reindeer in this picture doesn't even have lights on it.....what the hell is up with that??? This girl at church on Sunday said "hey, I sure like your deer in the front yard." It was one of the moments when I smiled and was all "thanks" not totally sure I understood her and then as I got too far away from her to go back and say something it hit me.....she was totally making fun of us!-----and totally deserved! Everyone knows I hate tacky lawn ornaments and I'm afraid we're the Griswalds of the neighborhood! Honestly at this point I think Jed does it just to mortify me more than anything!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey, where's the fiber-optic animated angel tree topper???
Hey it just would not be Jed without some lit up animals in the front yard. :)Gotta love it!
Oh how I loved reading this post...Chris too is sometimes too opinionated when it comes to my decorating...curtains shmurtains! However, the tree...The kids decorated ours and we couldn't be happier with it!
HAHAHA Lauren beat me to my question... where's that tree topper!!???
Post a Comment